Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Ups & Downs to Sharing a Meal...

Up until now, I thought one of the more awesome upsides to feeding raw was the fact I could cut off the fatty bits, the ugly bits, whatever and feed those to the dogs. It didn't feel like a waste like it did before I switched the dogs to raw. We often eat the same food as the dog (well, the meat at least!) And so far it's been great! Even a bonding experience with my dogs and our "pack".

Until today... I had the option of buying a whole fish for $7 or a filet already cut up and ready to cook for $22. I decided the choice was obvious, a  bit more work, but at least those -  you know - "fish looking" parts I could feed to the dogs! Not only was I saving money on our food, but the dogs too! What a deal!

So this morning I got to work cutting up this giant salmon. My whole house smelled like fish. I gave Unit the tail, the bits by the head and the fins... Then shortly later she barfed it up on our living room floor and kitchen floor.

My grilled salmon dinner was not very appealing after that...

Sometimes, I think my life would be easier if I fed my dogs kibble. But then I think, my dogs wouldn't be as healthy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment